TripAdvisor has released rankings of the “20 Best Places to Vacation in Florida” focusing on rental home vacation properties and Naples and Marco Island made the powerhouse list ahead of major cities like Orlando and Miami.
The 20 destinations featured are among the highest rated cities in Florida based on rental reviews on the website. To qualify the cities needed to have at least 1,000 traveler reviews and a minimum of 50 bookable vacation rental properties.
The award notes Naples has “lots to do,” highlighting shopping opportunities, the Naples Princess and Collier-Seminole State Park. Marco Island is praised for its “tropical climates and good times” and history, with the accolade mentioning Fakahatchee Strand Preserve State Park and the Marco Island Historical Museum.
“As travel trends continue to show visitors crave authentic, engaging experiences, we know we can provide that to them here in Florida’s Paradise Coast,” said Jack Wert, executive director of the Naples, Marco Island, Everglades Convention and Visitors Bureau. “There’s nowhere else in Florida that can provide our level of quality beaches paired with outdoor wilderness experiences in the Everglades as well as a vibrant dining scene, high-end shopping and world-class arts and culture. Choosing one of our many vacation rental properties lets families and groups of friends feel at home and experience the area like locals.”
The full article on “20 Places to Vacation in Florida – Where to Stay in the Sunshine State can be found at TripAdvisor Rentals.
This accolade adds to a list of recent recognitions. In 2016 and 2017, Naples/Marco Island was also:
- Ranked #1 “Happiest-Healthiest City” by Gallup-Sharecare Well-Being Index
- Ranked #11 “Happiest City in the U.S.” by National Geographic
- Named the “Best Beach Town to Live In” by WalletHub
- Ranked in the top 10 “Best Adventure Travel Destination in the United States” by U.S. Tourism Quality Index
- Ranked 3rd in “America’s Favorite Beach Towns” by Travel + Leisure
- Ranked 8th “Best Big City” in the U.S. by Condé Nast Traveler
- Awarded a 2017 Readers’ Choice Award by ConventionSouth